Take the first step to a fitter, healthier you this year by taking on a new fitness challenge. Here are three different workout challenges that vary in difficulty for different fitness levels.
In this article:
- 30-Day Workout Challenge for Toned Abs
- HIIT M-100 Workout
- Dumbbell Complex Fitness Challenge
- Good Lifestyle Habits Challenges for Overall Health and Wellness
Start the Year Right with These 3 Fitness Challenge Routines
1. 30-Day Workout Challenge for Toned Abs
If you want to speed up your fat loss, especially in the abdominal area, try this 30-day fitness challenge routine for washboard abs. The goal here is to do crunches every day for the next 30 days.
This is ideal for beginners who can’t do more than 10 crunches at a time. It’s easy to do and trains the abs to gradually handle more stress.
Day-by-Day Fitness Routine
- Lie down with the feet planted on the ground, knees bent, and arms resting across your chest.
- Slowly lift your torso until the upper back and shoulders are above the ground.
- Pause, then slowly lower the body down to the starting position.
Day 1: 25 crunches
Day 2: 30 crunches
Day 3: 35 crunches
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: 40 crunches
Day 6: 45 crunches
Day 7: 50 crunches
Day 8: Rest
Day 9: 60 crunches
Day 10: 65 crunches
Day 11: 70 crunches
Day 12: Rest
Day 13: 80 crunches
Day 14: 90 crunches
Day 15: 95 crunches
Day 16: Rest
Day 17: 100 crunches
Day 18: 105 crunches
Day 19: 110 crunches
Day 20: Rest
Day 21: 115 crunches
Day 22: 120 crunches
Day 23: 125 crunches
Day 24: Rest
Day 25: 130 crunches
Day 26: 135 crunches
Day 27: 140 crunches
Day 28: Rest
Day 29: 145 crunches
Day 30: 150 crunches
Tip: Take this fitness challenge to the next level by incorporating cardio into your routine. For example, after your daily dose of crunches, try jogging, or even walking, for about 30 minutes.
2. HIIT M-100 Workout
This high-intensity interval training (HIIT) m-100 workout fitness challenge is ideal for those who want to test their endurance.
It’s a quick, fast-paced routine that doesn’t allow any breaks. So, while the entire routine only takes three to five minutes to complete, most would find themselves gasping for air by the end.
For best results, you can squeeze this at the start of your daily workout program when the body is still fresh and at its peak.
- Stand upright with feet shoulder-width apart and arms at the sides.
- Do a half squat, then carefully drop your arms to the floor in front of your feet. Kick your feet back to assume a push-up position.
- Quickly pull your legs back so your knees are close to the chest.
- From there, jump high up into the air. This is one rep.
- Mountain Climbers
- Assume a push-up position with the hands planted on the floor under the shoulders and feet straight at the back.
- Next, pull your right knee in close to your chest. Then, stretch it out back to the starting position while simultaneously pulling your left knee in. Alternate between left and right legs.
- Jump Squats
- Stand up straight with your arms stretched in front of your body. Be sure they’re parallel to the floor.
- Squat down by bending your knees until they hit a 90-degree angle. From there, drive your feet through the floor to propel the body into the air. This is one rep.
Daily Fitness Routine
- Burpees (10 reps)
- Mountain Climbers (10 seconds)
- Jump Squats (10 reps)
After finishing these three exercises, go through them again until you complete 30 burpees, 30 seconds of mountain climbers, and 30 jump squats.
3. Dumbbell Complex Fitness Challenge
This dumbbell complex fitness challenge is perfect for health buffs who want to pack on more muscle.
The key here is to perform each exercise as precisely and accurately as possible by using specific muscle groups. Avoid using the momentum to swing the dumbbells around since it reduces effectivity and also puts you at risk of an injury.
- Dumbbell Squats
- With the feet shoulder-width apart and dumbbells hanging at the sides, squat down until the thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause, then push the body back up. This is one rep.
- Squat Cleans with Dumbbells
- Let the dumbbells hang at the sides and place your feet shoulder-width apart. Then, squat down deeply until your glutes are on top of your calves.
- At the same time, use the momentum so you can bend your arms and swing the dumbbells up to the height of your shoulders.
- Stand up straight, then lower the dumbbells down to the sides.
- Dumbbell Thrusters
- Do a deep squat until your glutes hit your calves while swinging your dumbbells up to the height of the shoulders.
- Stand up straight while simultaneously pushing the dumbbells straight into the air. This is one rep.
- Shoulder Dumbbell Press
- Bring the dumbbells up to the height of your shoulders, with the elbows bent and tucked close to the body.
- Push the dumbbells up into the air.
- Pause, then slowly lower the weights down to the height of your shoulders.
Daily Fitness Routine
Go through all four exercises without resting to finish one set. Rest for 30 seconds, then do everything again from the top three to four times for a total of four to five sets.
Good Lifestyle Habits Challenges for Overall Health and Wellness
1. Drink More Water
Water has many functions in the body such as:
- Transporting Oxygen: Water carries oxygen to our brain. This keeps the mind sharp and alert at all times.
- Nutrient Absorption: The body uses water to absorb vitamins and nutrients.
- Flushing Out Toxins: Drinking water is perhaps one of the best ways to detoxify and flush out harmful toxins from the body.
To ensure the body has enough water, make sure you drink at least eight to 10 glasses every day.
2. Quit Unhealthy Vices
In the new year, try to quit unhealthy habits like smoking and reduce your alcohol consumption. Here are some negative effects of these vices to your body:
- Alcohol and smoking negatively affect your internal organs. Smoking pollutes the lungs while excessive alcohol consumption gives the kidney a hard time filtering your blood.
- Alcohol abuse adds inches to your waist. If you don’t want to grow a beer belly, make sure to stick to low-calorie drinks such as gin, vodka, wine, and champagne. Ditch the sugary cocktail drinks and carb-filled beer.
- These vices make it harder for you to finish workouts. If you don’t cut back on your vices, you’ll find yourself tired and gasping for air after just a few reps.
3. Make Healthy Food Choices
To make the most of your workouts, you need to feed your body with the right nutrients as well. Here are some important vitamins and nutrients your body needs to grow:
- Healthy Fats: These are a good source of energy that can give you long-lasting energy boosts that’ll help you start and end the day like a true champ. Food rich in healthy fats include whole eggs, avocados, nuts, and chia seeds.
- Protein: Your muscles and tissues need protein to repair and grow. In fact, you should consume at least 20 to 40 grams of protein on a daily basis. Good sources of protein include milk, Greek yogurt, soy, lean meat, and chicken.
- Magnesium: This mineral is important for muscle strength and stress reduction. You can add more magnesium to your diet by eating legumes, whole grains, fatty fish, tofu, and nuts.
The key to sculpting a leaner, tighter body is to ease into a healthier lifestyle by slowly improving your diet and doing various exercise routines on a daily basis. Starting with simple routines is better than forcing yourself to take on an insane fitness challenge you can’t commit to.
Of course, make sure you ramp up the intensity once your body grows accustomed to a specific program. For example, you can try on a new, more intense fitness challenge every three or four weeks.
Which of these routines do you think is the hardest fitness challenge to execute? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!