One of the foundational messages of One Percent Better is never giving up, but it’s not always easy. Here are a few of our favorite inspiring videos to help you pick yourself up when you’re feeling down. Most of the videos come from people who have experienced vast amounts of success and want to help others do the same.
Videos to Inspire Success
There are lots of great inspiring movies out there, but sometimes you probably want something a bit shorter to get you back in the mood for success.
Life's 6 Rules -- Arnold Schwartzenegger
In this video, Arnold delivers 6 actionable rules for success as he sees it. They are:
- Trust yourself — Shoot for your version of success, not the version others try to impose on you.
- Break the rules — If you do things the way other people tell you to do them all the time, you won’t ever be remarkable. This does NOT mean to break the law.
- Don’t be afraid to fail — Every failure is a potential learning experience, so failure can help you to build your skills. Remember that in every fight, there is one person who wins and one person who learns something.
- Don’t listen to naysayers — No matter what you’re doing or how you’re doing it, there are going to be some people who tell you you’re doing it wrong. Don’t listen to those people or anyone else if you believe you are right.
- Work Your Butt Off — There is no magic that creates success, and “lucky breaks” are a myth. You have to work and work long past the point where most people would quit if you were to achieve a goal.
- Give Back — You can’t succeed without any help from others. So once you do succeed, it’s your duty to help those who need it.
What makes the speech pop is the fact that Schwartzenegger is an incredible story. Arnold, we are happy to take you on as a writer at One Percent Better if you want to move on from inspiring videos.
Talent vs. Skill -- Will Smith
In this video, Will argues that talent and skill are vastly different things. Ability is the small advantage a person is born with. But talent is easily outshined by skill, which is attained through hard work and practice.
Smith’s utter passion for his message shines through in his words, almost to the point of being a little maniacal when he says he is ready to die before letting someone else beat him at something he is passionate about.
The Meaning of Failure
This short but sweet clip runs through a few of the most successful figures in modern history and the horrible failure and dejection they experienced before success.
It’s an incredible reminder that, no matter how bad it seems you’ve crashed and burned, it’s always possible to rebound (literally, in the case of Micheal Jordan).
What if Money Was No Object? -- Alan Watts
In this video, Watts proposes a straightforward way for someone to determine how they can have a happy and successful life. That is, he advises them to ask themselves what they would do with their lives if money were not an object. Would they move to the country and ride horses, or move to a beach town and surf? Well, they should do that and worry about money later.
Eventually, the person will become proficient enough in the thing they love to monetize it. They will never again lack for motivation, and they will never be stressed.
I Still Have a Soul
This video is a story that efficiently illustrates how a person can achieve any dream they set their mind to, even if they are coming from nothing.
And the man in the video really is coming up from the bottom. He can’t afford a roof over his head or a clean shirt at the beginning of the video, but he uses every resource at his disposal — his muscles, the chain he wears around his neck, even his blood — to make money and pursue his passion for boxing.
After watching the video, you’ll ask yourself, “if this guy can pick himself up by the bootstraps, why can’t I?” It is genuinely inspirational!
Choose Yourself -- James Altucher
Altucher is another fantastic storyteller, and he reminds us that no reward will be anywhere near as sweet unless it is truly earned. It may be tempting to sit around wishing for others to give us more or getting mad at them because they’re not doing so, but we have to remember that getting more won’t even feel right if we did not do anything for it.
We all have those days when we feel like we can’t succeed. Maybe others made us feel that way, or perhaps we just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Either way, we hope these inspiring videos will help you turn your mood around.
DO YOU HAVE ANY FAVORITE INSPIRING VIDEOS THAT YOU DON’T SEE LISTED HERE? LET US KNOW WHICH ONES IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW!