Despite what many people think, being a lucky guy or gal isn’t a lottery people play, but something one can actually influence. In today’s article, you’ll find four ways to play your luck cards better and become one lucky guy or gal over the next few months.
In this article:
- Actively Manage Your Emotions
- Get Regular Exercise
- Tap Into Your Spirituality
- Regularly Write Down Ideas
How to Be One Lucky Guy in 4 Simple Steps
1. Actively Manage Your Emotions
Some lucky guys or gals manage their emotions by cutting off people who drag them down emotionally. Conversely, the same people tend to do the opposite, too, which is spending more time with emotionally uplifting people.
Spending a lot of time with people who bring you down will make you think and feel like them — bitter and hopeless about life! With such a mindset and attitude about life, you can’t expect to get “lucky” because you’ll be blind to all the opportunities surrounding you.
In contrast, hanging out with uplifting and positive people will help open your eyes to the multitude of opportunities to succeed in the world, even in situations that may appear to be “negative” at first glance.
Another bonus? It’s more fun hanging out with positive people. Who was the last person you heard say they enjoyed hanging out with someone very negative?
Another great tip to help you regulate your emotions is to be honest.
- Be true to your feelings. Say what’s on your mind, but make sure you’re not doing it in a way that’s hurtful.
- Don’t do things you don’t want to do. If you don’t want to go, stay. If you want to leave, leave.
2. Get Regular Exercise
Regular exercise can help increase your body’s production of happy hormones. In particular, aerobic or cardiovascular exercises like running can help increase your body’s endorphin levels.
A generally happy or positive person has the ability to see opportunities for success regardless of the situation. That’s why they’re “luckier” than most people are.
Exercise can also help you become a lucky guy or gal is by improving your fitness and health.
When you’re generally fit, you can do more things, and when you’re healthy, you have minimal downtime due to sicknesses. With minimal downtime and optimal uptime, you can take advantage of more opportunities for success, i.e., “luck.”
Finally, regular exercise can help increase your energy levels throughout the day.
The more energy you have, the more “lucky breaks” you can act on and take advantage of.
Aside from exercising, here are three simple ways to help you stay fit and healthy:
- Avoid eating after 5:30 PM to ensure proper digestion.
- Try to wake up early and at the same time every day.
- Get eight hours of sleep every night.
3. Tap Into Your Spirituality
Being spiritual simply means doing things that can help you feel more peace and joy in your life, which allows you to see and take advantage of more “lucky” breaks in life. Things like the following have religious origins, but can be practiced even by atheists, deists, or even agnostics for increased joy and peace in life:
- Meditation: Numerous studies have already shown the practical benefits of regular meditation, particularly when it comes to regulating emotions and enhancing cognitive performance. Meditating every day even for just 10 minutes can do wonders in enhancing joy and peace in one’s life.
- Reading Spiritual Texts: Try reading spiritual texts, like religious or self-help books. A good read can do wonders for your spiritual wellbeing.
- Prayer: At its core, prayer is talking to a “higher power,” which for other people can be nature, the universe, their dead relatives, etc. Prayer can be very helpful in increasing peace in life by allowing the release of pent up emotions when there’s nobody around to listen. It can also help by cultivating a sense of gratitude for blessings received and achieved.
- Forgiveness: They say unforgiveness is a poison we ourselves drink hoping the other person will die from it. Refusing to let offenses go and move on will keep you from becoming a lucky guy or gal because it focuses your attention on those who have hurt you and blinds you to the opportunities for success that surround you.
4. Regularly Write Down Ideas
There are two ways you can go about this: Passive and active.
Under the passive approach, write down useful ideas as soon as they come up in your head. By useful, it means only those that are related to the goals you want to accomplish.
With the active approach, you’ll need to commit to a daily routine of generating and writing down fresh, new ideas. It can be any idea, even unrelated to your personal or career goals because the point here is just to start generating new ideas regularly.
When you regularly write down your ideas, you can build up an inventory of possible solutions that can help you accomplish your goals.
When you have such an inventory, you increase your chance of finding solutions faster compared to thinking of solutions only when problems arise. Having an inventory makes you less reliant on “chance”, which increases your chance of being “lucky” significantly.
Also, regularly writing down new ideas using the active approach trains your mind to think of new ideas automatically. This can be very helpful in situations when you’ll need to think of ways to overcome obstacles to success.
When thinking of solutions, strategies, or tactics becomes a habit to you, it’ll be much easier to get “lucky” most of the time.
How lucky can one guy be? While a person doesn’t have 100% control over his or her luck, a person’s ability to proactively manage “luck” through habits like these will determine just how lucky he or she can be.
Change the narrative of your story. By doing these simple steps daily, you’re well on your way to becoming the lucky guy or gal you want to be.
Do you consider yourself to be a generally lucky or unlucky person? Let us know in the comments section below.
- How To Better Yourself: 8 Practical Tips
- 5 Ways To Live Your Life With Purpose
- Should I Go To College? | 7 Ways To Know If College Is For You