Having powerful quotes to keep you inspired and motivated can help you improve yourself. Here are a few quotes worth remembering.
In this article:
Powerful Quotes From Powerful People
Powerful Quotes About Life
1. “If we truly want to learn, we never learn when we are talking. We only learn when we are listening.” – James Altucher, Author, Hedge Fund Manager, Public Speaker
For those who truly want to be successful, you should be open to learning and improving yourself. We can only understand by listening, so it’s important to strike a balance between listening and speaking.
If you spend too much time talking and not enough listening, you won’t be able to hear what others have to say. You’ll just be stuck in your own knowledge and perspective of the world.
Learning new things requires opening your ears to someone else and finding value in what they can offer.
2. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates, Microsoft CEO
Leadership isn’t just about a fancy job title, salary, or a luxurious lifestyle. It’s also about empowering others and making a positive impact on their life.
Empowering can make life more fulfilling and meaningful. The people you’ve helped to grow become positive influences in the world.
Your legacy as a leader shouldn’t be about how much money you make, but it’s about how many lives you’ve touched and how many people have become better because of your influence.
3. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” – Warren Buffet, Investor
Cheap doesn’t always mean cost-effective and expensive doesn’t always translate to having the best quality.
The real value lies in finding assets that grow. This applies not only with physical assets but also skills and abilities.
You pay the price of sweat and time to exercise for a healthier lifestyle. You sacrifice time and effort to learn a new skill to increase the value you can give to society.
4. “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell, Inventor of the Telephone
The larger and more crucial the event, the longer you should prepare.
Preparation not only ensures you deliver efficiently. Knowing that you’ve prepared is already half the battle and gives you peace of mind.
By preparing, you can minimize nervousness, which can also keep you from performing at the most optimal level. This can increase your chances of success.
5. “I cannot live without books.” – Thomas Jefferson, President
Reading is an enjoyable hobby that can also be a great way to learn and improve skills.
You can read fictional books that expand your imagination. You can read nonfiction books that expand your mind.
If you’re bored, a good book is a great way to pass the time, and you can even pick up new knowledge along the way.
6. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain, Author
Done is better than perfect. Sometimes, we get caught up in analysis paralysis and get scared of starting.
Having difficulty thinking about how to start a speech? Stop overthinking and start writing.
Hesitant in doing yoga or Zumba? Just start attending a class.
Unsure if the recipe you’re imagining will work well? Cook to find out.
The earlier you start, the more miles you cover.
7. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison, Businessman
You can learn more from failures than successes. Sometimes, it’s best to call failures “lessons” and consider the lost time and resources as your tuition.
This is also true for processes. By figuring out the weak points of a process, you can improve it.
Trial and error is an excellent way to learn. Just be sure to have proper risk management strategies in place as well so you can just cut your losses.
8. “For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.” – Carl Sagan, Scientist
Compared to the rest of the universe, each of us is just a footnote. If you find yourself at odds with that, just think of one word — love.
Love is a powerful emotion that can drive behavior and decisions. To truly understand this world, you need to love and feel how it is to be loved.
9. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs, Businessman
Have a competitive edge by creating new things instead of just following what other people did to succeed. To be a leader, you need to go against conventions and innovate.
If you want to be a leader, create your own path to success rather than following the path someone else took.
10. “The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” – Frank Lloyd Wright, Architect and Writer
Often, we become jaded with age even though the beauty of the world remains unchanged. In times like these, you need to remind yourself that joy and happiness are out there.
You just need to look for them and appreciate them once they’re there.
Powerful Women Quotes
11. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou, Poet
You can be trapped in planning and imagining what you want your life to be. Start reaching out for the better you by working on your goals now.
Don’t wait for things to happen but make them happen. Being proactive rather than reactive can put you in a good spot to get opportunities.
12. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey, Media Giant, Author
Gratitude is immensely powerful. A grateful heart helps you become more content and fulfilled.
When you’re content, you’d see every new thing that comes your way as a bonus. In this way, you won’t ever feel like you don’t have enough.
13. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart, Explorer
Not everything you do should be about making money.
Sometimes, a trip without a destination can feel refreshing. Paint to express and enjoy, not to make something to sell.
Go on an adventure and explore. Your next big idea or opportunity might even come to you on one of these adventures.
14. “It is the mind that makes the body.” – Sojourner Truth, Rights Activist
A sound mind rests in a sound body, but a physically healthy body doesn’t necessarily mean a healthy mind. Don’t treat your emotional and mental wellness as a second, or worse, last priority.
15. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Jurist and Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
Don’t be afraid to start small.
That five-minute jog today can lead to a marathon by next year, while that year-end bonus you invest now may help you in your times of need.
Never underestimate the value of small things. When gathered together, small pebbles can become a hill.
Powerful quotes from powerful people can spur us to move. Start an inspiring life by getting inspired by these quotes.
What’s your favorite quote? Share it with us in the comments section below.